Consolidating old bart tickets
As farmers got less money for their crops, they could not pay the wartime levels of land rents, and also tried to reduce their production costs by reducing farm workers' wages.Agricultural depression meant misery and economic Depression on a wide scale.Quick links on this page Enclosure awards 1815 Theatre Royal built 1819 Lenny's map of Bury 1823 Suffolk Hospital opened 1825 Ickworth Rotunda ready 1829 Great Reform Act 1832 Municipal Reform 1835 Pigot's first Directory 1839 St John's consecrated 1842 Rail link to Ipswich 1846 Athenaeum taken over 1854 Corn Exchange built 1862 Fred King starts brewery 1868 BFP moves, EADT born 1874 Henry Prigg's digs 1878 KEGS at the Vinefields 1883 Greene King Brewery 1887 West Suffolk C C 1888 Police in St Johns Street 1892 Foot of Page-Moyse's in 1899 Farm prices began to collapse, and for the next decade farmers would be in financial difficulties.Most of the population still relied on agriculture, even if they were not themselves the landowner or the farmer.Some parents could not afford the small fees, and in any case children were often needed to work to earn money.For some, Sunday School at the church was the only education available to children.This included the Telegraph station on Telegraph Road in Icklingham.To celebrate the ending of the war the theme for the Bury Festival was the burning of Napoleon's effigy.
Landowners needed to maximise their efficiency in the face of falling prices, and it would be the common users who would have to give way.The prizes on offer were pairs of shoes; a copper kettle; saddle; hat; and money.The day ended with a bonfire and the burning of an effigy of Bonaparte. Often a local tradesman or an ex-soldier, would be licensed by the Bishop to teach children in his home.In May the Napoleonic War was ended by a peace treaty.The stations of the Yarmouth naval telegraph line set up in 1808 were rapidly sold off.
Search for consolidating old bart tickets:
The malt house, which still stands today in a derelict state, was not added until 1851.